The War Criminal Who Wants to Ethnically Cleanse Jerusalem
According to the Wadi Helwa Information Centre, the “Mayor” of occupied Jerusalem has announced that the Palestinian population of Jerusalem is being reduced by 70,000 persons with the stroke of a pen. The disenfranchised population consists of Palestinian residents of Jerusalem who had earlier been isolated behind towering walls from the rest of Jerusalem, cutting them off from their work, education and other civic facilities.
Many of the affected had previously been forced to make enormous detours in order to maintain their normal commute activities on both sides of the wall. As a result, economic activity and social services became increasingly separated, which is what the wall was designed to accomplish. The disenfranchisement of the isolated population is therefore the final step in expelling persons whom Israel considers to be of the wrong ethnicity and religion (Christian or Muslim). Henceforth, they will need a special permit (“visa”) to visit areas of the city that were once only a short walk away. If history is any guide, that permit will become increasingly difficult to obtain.
Short Portrait of the Ethnic Cleanser Barakat
Nir Barakat, ניר ברקת (an ultra-orthodox, extremist jew) is a reserve sniper, a war criminal who served in the paratroopers six years in the occupation army. As a company commander he was involved in war crimes in Lebanon and Syria. He was injured by his own incompetence at handling a grenade in August 19 1980 in Lebanon in an incident where his friend, a company commander nicknamed “Muki” (Captain Meir Shlomo) was killed. (Click on the images to enlarge them).
Barakat is a murderer, the son of war criminal Zalman Barkat and brother of two war criminals Eli and Omri. Barakat was born October 19, 1959, raised at the zionist colony “Givat Hamivtar” which was established on the hills of Jerusalem in 1970 in the northern part of the occupied Jerusalem.
In 1983 he was discharged from the IDF. In the Reserve he reached the rank of major.
He holds a BS in computer science (related to anti-virus software) and studied at the Hebrew University for an MBA, but never completed the degree.
In 1988 he established along with three others (tech BRM) to develop anti-virus software. Barkat served as a member of the ultra-orthodox, extremist jew council in the occupied Jerusalem.
Barakat is a perpetrator ethnic cleansing and other crimes against humanity in occupied Jerusalem. In November 2008, he was elected “mayor” of Jerusalem
This is only the latest in the long history of the ethnic cleansing of Jerusalem and Palestine, which includes the prohibition of building permits to Palestinians, the confiscation of land, the denial of public services, the demolition of living quarters, the separation of families and many other measures that are applied exclusively to Palestinians. In the meantime, Israel heavily subsidizes Jewish housing and services in order to encourage Jewish Israelis to replace expelled Palestinians wherever possible.
Monday, 26 December, 2011 – Silwan, Jerusalem (SILWANIC) - Jerusalem mayor Nir Barakat has announced that the city Municipality will now classify 70,000 citizens of Jerusalem as non-residents, furthering the right wing Israeli campaign to achieve a Jewish majority in East Jerusalem. Seventy thousand Palestinian residents already cut off from the rest of Jerusalem by Israel’s Apartheid Wall will now be cast out on paper as well, with their affairs turned over from the Municipality to the Israeli military’s West Bank civil administration.
Palestinian Jerusalemites vehemently reject the segregation of their city, criticizing the “false justification of security that Israeli authorities peddle in order to take over our lands and separate us from our families – amidst a disgraceful silence from the international community.”
Please stop the ethnic cleansing of Jerusalem
On March 30, 2012, a massive Global March to Jerusalem will take place with people from around the world gathering in Palestine and neighboring countries for a nonviolent march to Jerusalem, to protest the “Judaization” (ethnic cleansing) of Jerusalem. Here is what you can do to help:
- Ask your organization to endorse the Global March to Jerusalem (GMJ). Send the endorsement to organize [at] gmj-na [dot] org. Endorsing organizations in North America are also welcome to become part of the North American organizing committee and participate in decision making and implementation through their representatives.
- Ask prominent individuals with whom you are in contact to also endorse and even to participate in the GMJ, if they are willing. Send the endorsements to organize [at] gmj-na [dot] org.
- Register at www.gmj-na.org/register to become part of the North American GMJ association of volunteer participants in the march.
- Help support the march with your donations, which will be used to send volunteers who cannot otherwise participate, to provide regional representation at planning meetings and to educate the public through events, print and electronic media.
Possibly related posts (automatically generated):
- Avi Mizrahi Read the full text about Avi Mizrahi here. Read more about Avi Mizrahi here. Who is Major General Avi Mizrahi?...
- Dudi Cohen David “Dudi” Cohen “דודי (דוד) כהן”. Current, as of 2010, he is police Inspector-General. “Dudi” was accused in Israel of...
- Execution at Dawn in Holy Jerusalem Fethiya with her children after receiving the news of the execution of her her husband. The darkness was still a...
- Vanishing East Jerusalem EU Must Association Council To Ensure That Israel Respects International Law In view of the upcoming EU-Israel Association Council...
- Women’s Day International Women’s Day Below are two press releases which were distributed by UNIS and Al-Haq for Human Rights on...